Case Study: Large Enterprise Financial Services Company
- Agrees that migrating is time consuming and cumbersome. VMware’s vCloud Connector technology enables them to easily transfer workloads, templates and VMs between private and public clouds to gain instant capacity-on-demand.
- Needs the ability to move cloud workloads more easily with VMware vCloud Connector in the following ways:
- Save many steps in the process of transferring workloads between vSphere environments
- Has the freedom to do the following with their cloud workload transfers between private, public and hybrid clouds:
- Move and balance workloads between internal vSphere and vCloud Director-based clouds
- Populate new private vCloud Director environment with existing workloads from vSphere
- Plans to use vCloud Connector to copy VMs and templates about once a month.
- Confident that that they can view, manage and transfer cloud workloads, vApps and templates between private, public and hybrid clouds with VMware vCloud Connector.
- Perceives VMware as one of many leaders in Cloud Computing.
- Rated the importance of VMware vCloud Connector benefits on a scale of 1-4:
- More reliable transfer of work: 2
- Single pane of glass (Web UI): 3
- Support for vSphere (5.0): 4
- Support- vCloud Director (1.5): 3
TechValidate Survey of a Large Enterprise Financial Services Company