Case Study: Global 500 Telecommunications Equipment Company
- Agrees that migrating is time consuming and cumbersome. VMware’s vCloud Connector technology enables them to easily transfer workloads, templates and VMs between private and public clouds to gain instant capacity-on-demand."
- Needed the ability to move cloud workloads more easily with VMware vCloud Connector in the following ways:
- Save many steps in the process of transferring workloads between my vSphere environments
- Has the freedom to do the following with their cloud workload transfers between private, public and hybrid clouds:
- Move and balance workloads between internal vSphere and vCloud Director-based clouds
- Plans to use vCloud Connector to copy VMs and templates about once a week.
- Very confident that that they can view, manage and transfer cloud workloads, vApps and templates between private, public and hybrid clouds with VMware vCloud Connector.
- Rated the importance of VMware vCloud Connector benefits on a scale of 1-4:
- More reliable transfer of work: 3
- Single pane of glass (Web UI): 3
- Support for vSphere (5.0): 4
“vCloud Connector 1.5 allows my team to quickly move/migrate virtual resources in one well-defined “environment”, making us less prone to error."
TechValidate Survey of a Global 500 Telecommunications Equipment Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of VMware vCloud by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Nov 16, 2011
More Research on VMware vCloud
Explore all TechValidate Research