Case Study: Global 500 Telecommunications Equipment Company
- Agrees that migrating is time consuming and cumbersome. VMware’s vCloud Connector technology enables them to easily transfer workloads, templates and VMs between private and public clouds to gain instant capacity-on-demand."
- Needed the ability to move cloud workloads more easily with VMware vCloud Connector in the following ways:
- Save many steps in the process of transferring workloads between my vSphere environments
- Has the freedom to do the following with their cloud workload transfers between private, public and hybrid clouds:
- Move and balance workloads between internal vSphere and vCloud Director-based clouds
- Plans to use vCloud Connector to copy VMs and templates about once a week.
- Very confident that that they can view, manage and transfer cloud workloads, vApps and templates between private, public and hybrid clouds with VMware vCloud Connector.
- Rated the importance of VMware vCloud Connector benefits on a scale of 1-4:
- More reliable transfer of work: 3
- Single pane of glass (Web UI): 3
- Support for vSphere (5.0): 4
“vCloud Connector 1.5 allows my team to quickly move/migrate virtual resources in one well-defined “environment”, making us less prone to error."
TechValidate Survey of a Global 500 Telecommunications Equipment Company