Case Study: Large Enterprise Insurance Company
- Very strongly agrees that migrating is time consuming and cumbersome. VMware’s vCloud Connector technology enables them to easily transfer workloads, templates and VMs between private and public clouds to gain instant capacity-on-demand.
- Needed the ability to move cloud workloads more easily with VMware vCloud Connector in the following ways:
- Save steps in the process of transferring workloads between my vSphere environments
- Has the freedom to do the following with their cloud workload transfers between private, public and hybrid clouds:
- Move and balance workloads between internal vSphere and vCloud Director-based clouds
- Populate new private vCloud Director environment with existing workloads from vSphere
- Plans to use vCloud Connector to copy VMs and templates about once a month.
- Extremely confident that that they can view, manage and transfer cloud workloads, vApps and templates between private, public and hybrid clouds with VMware vCloud Connector.
- Perceives VMware as on the leading edge in Cloud Computing.
- Rated the importance of VMware vCloud Connector benefits on a scale of 1-4:
- More reliable transfer of work: 4
- Single pane of glass (Web UI): 4
- Support for vSphere (5.0): 4
- Support- vCloud Director (1.5): 4
- Saved > 4 hours when conducting an average transfer operation for their Web servers with VMware vCloud Connector.
“vCloud Connector allows me to effortlessly transfer workloads from cloud to cloud, and vCenter to cloud instances. It is a very handy tool to have!”
TechValidate Survey of a Large Enterprise Insurance Company