Case Study: Guangdong Nufront CSC CO., LTD
- Key project challenges drove the need for third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Reducing development cost
- Meeting performance, power and area targets
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 2.0 Controller
- USB 2.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Mobile Multimedia (smartphone, tablet/netbook, digital camera, camcorder, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Extensive silicon success
- Standards certification and interoperability
- Quality of the IP
- Ease of integration effort
- Rated Synopsys DesignWare USB IP in the following categories as compared to the competition:
- Area: Extremely differentiated
- Power consumption: Extremely differentiated
- Performance: Extremely differentiated
- Standards certification: Extremely differentiated
- Features/capabilities: Extremely differentiated
- Ease of integration: Extremely differentiated
- Completeness of solution (e.g., controller + PHY + verification IP): Extremely differentiated
- Saved 9-12 staff-months in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Saved 31 to 40% in power consumption using Synopsys USB IP over competitive USB IP alternatives.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Achieved USB-IF certification
- Accelerated development schedule
Zhaolu Tan, Engineer, Guangdong Nufront CSC CO., LTD
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Dec 18, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research