Case Study: Small Business Electronics Company
- The following project challenges drove their need for third-party PCI Express IP:
- Meet an aggressive time-to-market window
- Reduce project risk
- Achieve compliance to the PCI Express standard specification(s)
- Enable design team to focus on differentiated portions of their design
- Utilized the following Synopsys IP for PCI Express:
- PCI Express 2.x Controller
- PCI Express 2.x PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys PCI Express IP:
- Integrated Synopsys IP for PCI Express into Networking SoC.
- Purchased Synopsys’ IP for PCI Express due to the following:
- Standards certification and interoperability
- Quality of the IP
- Completeness of solution (controller, PHY, verification IP)
- Saved 9-12 staff-months in development and integration effort by implementing Synopsys PCI Express IP.
- Realized the following benefits from using Synopsys IP for PCI Express:
- Achieved first pass silicon success
- Accelerated development schedule
- Achieved first-to-market
- Rated the following Synopsys DesignWare IP for PCI Express capabilities as compared to the competition:
- Standards certification: Highly differentiated
- Features/capabilities: Highly differentiated
- Ease of integration: Highly differentiated
- Completeness of solution (e.g., controller + PHY + verification IP): Highly differentiated
“We found Synopsys’ IP for PCI Express to be easy to integrate (both controller and PHY) and easy to verify due to the quality of the IP.”
TechValidate Survey of a Small Business Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Aug 16, 2013
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research