Case Study: Large Japanese Semiconductor Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Reducing development cost
- Meeting performance, power and area targets
- Availability of IP in target foundry process
- Reducing project risk
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 3.0 Controller
- USB 3.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Data Center & Networking (server/network, LTE/WiMAX, WiFi, datacom network, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Quality of the IP
- Availability on required process node(s)
- Rated Synopsys DesignWare USB IP in the following categories as compared to the competition:
- Power consumption: Differentiated
- Performance: Differentiated
- Ease of integration: Differentiated
- Completeness of solution (e.g., controller + PHY + verification IP): Differentiated
- Saved 9-12 staff-months in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Accelerated development schedule
- Reduced development cost
TechValidate Survey of a Large Semiconductor Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Dec 04, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research