Case Study: Global 500 Electronics Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Reducing development cost
- Reducing project risk
- Achieving compliance to the USB standard specification(s)
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 3.0 Controller
- USB 3.0 PHY
- USB 2.0 Controller
- USB 2.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Data Center & Networking (server/network, LTE/WiMAX, WiFi, datacom network, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Rated Synopsys DesignWare USB IP in the following categories as compared to the competition:
- Standards certification: Highly differentiated
- Features/capabilities: Differentiated
- Ease of integration: Highly differentiated
- Completeness of solution (e.g., controller + PHY + verification IP): Differentiated
- Saved 5 to 10% in power consumption using Synopsys USB IP over competitive USB IP alternatives.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Achieved first pass silicon success
- Achieved USB-IF certification
- Accelerated development schedule
TechValidate Survey of a Global 500 Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Dec 04, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research