Case Study: Chinese Telecommunications Equipment Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Meeting performance, power and area targets
- Availability of IP in target foundry process
- Reducing project risk
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 3.0 Controller
- USB 3.0 PHY
- USB 2.0 Controller
- USB 2.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Data Center & Networking (server/network, LTE/WiMAX, WiFi, datacom network, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Extensive silicon success
- Completeness of solution (controller, PHY, verification IP)
- First to support latest USB standards or features
- Previous experience with Synopsys IP
- Saved 1-2 staff-months in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Saved 41 to 50% in power consumption using Synopsys USB IP over competitive USB IP alternatives.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Achieved first pass silicon success
- Reduced development cost
TechValidate Survey of a Chinese Telecommunications Equipment Company