Case Study: Chinese Telecommunications Equipment Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Meeting performance, power and area targets
- Availability of IP in target foundry process
- Reducing project risk
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 3.0 Controller
- USB 3.0 PHY
- USB 2.0 Controller
- USB 2.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Data Center & Networking (server/network, LTE/WiMAX, WiFi, datacom network, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Extensive silicon success
- Completeness of solution (controller, PHY, verification IP)
- First to support latest USB standards or features
- Previous experience with Synopsys IP
- Saved 1-2 staff-months in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Saved 41 to 50% in power consumption using Synopsys USB IP over competitive USB IP alternatives.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Achieved first pass silicon success
- Reduced development cost
TechValidate Survey of a Chinese Telecommunications Equipment Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Oct 26, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research