Case Study: Medium Enterprise Electronics Company
- The following project challenges drove their need for third-party PCI Express IP:
- Achieve compliance to the PCI Express standard specification(s)
- Ensure compatibility/interoperability with existing PCI Express products in the market
- Enable design team to focus on differentiated portions of their design
- Utilized the following Synopsys IP for PCI Express:
- PCI Express 3.0 Controller
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys IP for PCI Express:
- Integrated Synopsys IP for PCI Express into Networking SoC.
- Purchased Synopsys’ IP for PCI Express due to the following:
- Standards certification and interoperability
- Quality of the IP
- Availability of PCI Express standards or features
- Previous experience with DesignWare IP use
- Saved 9-12 staff-months in development and integration effort by implementing Synopsys IP for PCI Express.
- Received knowledgeable and responsive technical support
“The most valuable contributions Synopsys’ PCI Express IP team brought to our project was extensive knowledge of the PCIe standards along with a high level of support while we integrated the IP into our design.”
TechValidate Survey of a Medium Enterprise Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Aug 16, 2013
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research