Case Study: Global 500 Electronics Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Reducing development cost
- Reducing project risk
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 3.0 Controller
- USB 3.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Mobile Multimedia (smartphone, tablet/netbook, digital camera, camcorder, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Extensive silicon success
- First to support latest USB standards or features
- Previous experience with Synopsys IP
- Rated Synopsys DesignWare USB IP’s “ease of integration” and “completeness of solution (e.g., controller + PHY + verification IP)” as Differentiated as compared to the competition
- Saved > 1 staff-year in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Achieved first pass silicon success
- Accelerated development schedule
- Received knowledgeable and responsive technical support
“Synopsys IP saved us in development costs. We only had to focus on integrating and verifying the IP.”
TechValidate Survey of a Global 500 Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Dec 04, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research