Case Study: Medium Enterprise Electronics Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Reducing development cost
- Meeting performance, power and area targets
- Reducing project risk
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 2.0 Controller
- USB 2.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Digital Home (set-top box, DVD player, DTV, residential gateway, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Completeness of solution (controller, PHY, verification IP)
- Availability on required process node(s)
- Rated Synopsys DesignWare USB IP in the following categories as compared to the competition:
- Area: Highly differentiated
- Power consumption: Highly differentiated
- Performance: Highly differentiated
- Standards certification: Highly differentiated
- Features/capabilities: Highly differentiated
- Ease of integration: Highly differentiated
- Completeness of solution (e.g., controller + PHY + verification IP): Highly differentiated
- Saved 6-8 staff-months in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Accelerated development schedule
“Using mature IP accelerated our IC development and reduced our risk.”
TechValidate Survey of a Medium Enterprise Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Oct 26, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research