Case Study: Medium Enterprise Consumer Products Company
- Purchased DesignWare Logic Libraries to meet the following project challenges:
- Met aggressive performance targets
- Met aggressive power targets
- Met aggressive time-to-market window
- Used Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries at the 65-nm G process node.
- Implemented the following functions containing DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Other CPU cores (e.g., MIPS, PowerPC, ARC, etc.)
- GPU cores (e.g., Imagination cores, ARM Mali cores, etc.)
- Video processing cores (e.g., Imagination, Vivante, etc.)
- DSP cores
- Microcontroller cores
- Interface cores (USB, PCIe, DDR, MIPI, SATA, etc.)
- Other blocks of the SoC
- Purchased Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries for the following main reason(s):
- Higher speed compared to other solutions
- Lower power compared to other solutions
- Lower area compared to other solutions
- Extensive silicon success
- Quality of the IP
- Ease of integration effort
- EDA view support
- Availability on required process node(s)
- Rated silicon validation and EDA view support of DesignWare Logic Library attributes as highly differentiated.
- Rated the following DesignWare Logic Library attributes as differentiated:
- Power consumption
- Ease of routing
- Completeness of solution (for example, Power Optimization Kit)
- Achieved 11 to 15% additional performance with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved a 6 to 10% saving in area and power with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved the following with DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Achieved first-pass silicon success
- Met design’s performance goals
- Met design’s power goals
- Accelerated development schedule
- Achieved first-to-market success
- Received knowledgeable and responsive technical support
TechValidate Survey of a Medium Enterprise Consumer Products Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Oct 10, 2013
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research