Case Study: Networking Chip Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Reducing development cost
- Availability of IP in target foundry process
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Personal Computing & Peripherals/Digital Office (desktop/laptop, MFD/MFP, printer, scanner, monitor, projector) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Availability on required process node(s)
- Saved > 1 staff-year in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
“It would have taken us a lot longer to develop the IP ourselves, if we hadn’t selected Synopsys USB IP.”
TechValidate Survey of a Large Enterprise Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Oct 26, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research