Case Study: Global 500 Electronics Company
- Key project challenges drove the need for a third-party USB IP:
- Meeting an aggressive time-to-market window
- Reducing development cost
- Reducing project risk
- Uses the following Synopsys USB IP:
- USB 3.0 Controller
- USB 3.0 PHY
- USB 2.0 Controller
- USB 2.0 PHY
- Used the following process nodes to implement Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Integrated Synopsys USB IP into Mobile Multimedia (smartphone, tablet/netbook, digital camera, camcorder, etc.) SoC.
- Main reasons for selecting Synopsys’ USB IP:
- Ease of integration effort
- Completeness of solution (controller, PHY, verification IP)
- Previous experience with Synopsys IP
- Saved 1-2 staff-months in development and integration over their alternatives with Synopsys USB IP.
- Realized the following benefits with Synopsys USB IP:
- Achieved USB-IF certification
- Reduced development cost
TechValidate Survey of a Global 500 Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Oct 26, 2012
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research