Case Study: Consumer and Industrial Electronics Company
- Purchased DesignWare Logic Libraries to meet the following project challenges:
- Met aggressive power targets
- Met aggressive area targets
- Used Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries at the 40-nm LP process node.
- Implemented the following functions containing DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Purchased Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries for for the following main reason(s):
- Preferred supplier contract
- Rated the following DesignWare Logic Library attributes:
- Speed: differentiated
- Area: differentiated
- completeness of solution (for example, Power Optimization Kit): differentiated
- Achieved 6 – 10% additional performance with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Saved 6 – 10% in area savings with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Realized 1 – 5% in power savings with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved the following with DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Achieved first-pass silicon success
- Met design’s performance goals
- Met design’s area goals
- Reduced development cost
“By using DesignWare Logic Libraries, we reduced development cost.”
TechValidate Survey of a Small Business Electronics Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Aug 12, 2013
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research