Case Study: Consumer and Industrial Electronics Company
- Purchased DesignWare Logic Libraries to meet the following project challenges:
- Met aggressive power targets
- Met aggressive area targets
- Used Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries at the 40-nm LP process node.
- Implemented the following functions containing DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Purchased Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries for for the following main reason(s):
- Preferred supplier contract
- Rated the following DesignWare Logic Library attributes:
- Speed: differentiated
- Area: differentiated
- completeness of solution (for example, Power Optimization Kit): differentiated
- Achieved 6 – 10% additional performance with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Saved 6 – 10% in area savings with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Realized 1 – 5% in power savings with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved the following with DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Achieved first-pass silicon success
- Met design’s performance goals
- Met design’s area goals
- Reduced development cost
“By using DesignWare Logic Libraries, we reduced development cost.”
TechValidate Survey of a Small Business Electronics Company