Case Study: Medium Enterprise Automotive & Transport Company
- Purchased DesignWare Logic Libraries to meet the following project challenges:
- Met aggressive performance targets
- Met aggressive area targets
- Met aggressive time-to-market window
- Obtained high yield
- Reduce project risk
- Enabled design team to focus on differentiated portions of their design
- Used Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries at the 40-nm LP process node.
- Implemented the following functions containing DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Other CPU cores (e.g., MIPS, PowerPC, ARC, etc.)
- Interface cores (USB, PCIe, DDR, MIPI, SATA, etc.)
- Purchased Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries for the following main reason(s):
- Quality of the IP
- Availability on required process node(s)
- Rated DesignWare Logic Libraries’ speed as highly differentiated and differentiated on the following attributes:
- Power consumption
- Ease of routing
- Silicon validation
- Achieved 16 to 20% additional performance with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved 16 to 20% area and power savings with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved first-to-market success with DesignWare Logic Libraries.
“Availability of DesignWare Logic Libraries on advanced process nodes helped accelerate time to market of our product.”
TechValidate Survey of a Medium Enterprise Automotive & Transport Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Synopsys DesignWare IP by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Oct 10, 2013
More Research on Synopsys DesignWare IP
Explore all TechValidate Research