Case Study: Medium Enterprise Automotive & Transport Company
- Purchased DesignWare Logic Libraries to meet the following project challenges:
- Met aggressive performance targets
- Met aggressive area targets
- Met aggressive time-to-market window
- Obtained high yield
- Reduce project risk
- Enabled design team to focus on differentiated portions of their design
- Used Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries at the 40-nm LP process node.
- Implemented the following functions containing DesignWare Logic Libraries:
- Other CPU cores (e.g., MIPS, PowerPC, ARC, etc.)
- Interface cores (USB, PCIe, DDR, MIPI, SATA, etc.)
- Purchased Synopsys’ DesignWare Logic Libraries for the following main reason(s):
- Quality of the IP
- Availability on required process node(s)
- Rated DesignWare Logic Libraries’ speed as highly differentiated and differentiated on the following attributes:
- Power consumption
- Ease of routing
- Silicon validation
- Achieved 16 to 20% additional performance with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved 16 to 20% area and power savings with DesignWare Logic Libraries over competing alternatives.
- Achieved first-to-market success with DesignWare Logic Libraries.
“Availability of DesignWare Logic Libraries on advanced process nodes helped accelerate time to market of our product.”
TechValidate Survey of a Medium Enterprise Automotive & Transport Company