Real-time Visibility into Key Business Metrics at a Global 500 Professional Services Firm
- Solved the following challenges with Splunk:
- Troubleshooting/analyzing/fixing IT issues quickly
- Multiple monitoring/reporting tools inefficient and inaccurate
- Tracking transactions across the entire infrastructure
- Monitoring or reporting on service levels
- Providing views and dashboards from IT data to non-IT users
- Analyzing trends and patterns across large amounts of historical data
- Uses the following data sources to perform its analysis with Splunk:
- Content delivery network data
- OS logs from hosts and applications
- Java applications and application servers
- Net applications and application servers
- System metrics
- Server, desktop, database and application user activity logs
- Deploys Splunk for:
- Business analytics/intelligence
- Capacity planning
- Operations management
- Operational intelligence
- Performance monitoring
- Troubleshoots problems, performs ad-hoc searches and conducts incident investigations > 70% faster with Splunk.
- Improved uptime and response time by 20% with Splunk.
- Reduced escalations by 30% with Splunk proactive monitoring.
- Identified security incidents > 70% faster with Splunk real-time monitoring.
- Reduced service outages by 20% by achieving real-time monitoring with Splunk.
- Reported that Splunk provided the following business and IT benefits:
- Reduced overall system downtime through proactive detection
- Eliminated spending on different tools and saved maintenance costs
- Provided immediate visibility into key business metrics and analytics
- Improved infrastructure visibility to better utilize capacity
- Delivered better measurement and reporting of service levels
- Improved partnership between development and operations
- Provided end-to-end visibility across the entire application stack
“Splunk is x-ray goggles that can see through the lead apron that is IT logging. Without Splunk, we’d be blissfully ignorant of all that we would be missing.”
TechValidate Survey of a Global 500 Professional Services Company
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Splunk by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Mar 17, 2011
More Research on Splunk
Explore all TechValidate Research