Real-time Visibility into Key Business Metrics at a Global 500 Professional Services Firm
- Solved the following challenges with Splunk:
- Troubleshooting/analyzing/fixing IT issues quickly
- Multiple monitoring/reporting tools inefficient and inaccurate
- Tracking transactions across the entire infrastructure
- Monitoring or reporting on service levels
- Providing views and dashboards from IT data to non-IT users
- Analyzing trends and patterns across large amounts of historical data
- Uses the following data sources to perform its analysis with Splunk:
- Content delivery network data
- OS logs from hosts and applications
- Java applications and application servers
- Net applications and application servers
- System metrics
- Server, desktop, database and application user activity logs
- Deploys Splunk for:
- Business analytics/intelligence
- Capacity planning
- Operations management
- Operational intelligence
- Performance monitoring
- Troubleshoots problems, performs ad-hoc searches and conducts incident investigations > 70% faster with Splunk.
- Improved uptime and response time by 20% with Splunk.
- Reduced escalations by 30% with Splunk proactive monitoring.
- Identified security incidents > 70% faster with Splunk real-time monitoring.
- Reduced service outages by 20% by achieving real-time monitoring with Splunk.
- Reported that Splunk provided the following business and IT benefits:
- Reduced overall system downtime through proactive detection
- Eliminated spending on different tools and saved maintenance costs
- Provided immediate visibility into key business metrics and analytics
- Improved infrastructure visibility to better utilize capacity
- Delivered better measurement and reporting of service levels
- Improved partnership between development and operations
- Provided end-to-end visibility across the entire application stack
“Splunk is x-ray goggles that can see through the lead apron that is IT logging. Without Splunk, we’d be blissfully ignorant of all that we would be missing.”
TechValidate Survey of a Global 500 Professional Services Company