Case Study: Nexus Technologies, Inc.
- Addressed the following pain points with the HP Vertica Analytics Platform:
- Slow or incomplete queries
- The inability to analyze large volumes of data
- Summarized or aggregated data, losing detail and insights
- The lack of concurrency limits access to data
- The prohibitive cost of adding capacity due to licensing or hardware
- The need to stop queries while loading new data
- Performance limits with current system
- The lack of business insight from data
- The lack of connection between current BI/analytics initiatives and needs of business
- Existing data warehouse/data management infrastructure that could not handle Big Data
- Is implementing the following applications with HP Vertica:
- Network performance analysis
- Currently managing 5 – 10 TB of data with HP Vertica software.
- Uses the following Business Intelligence (BI), visualization, and ETL tools in their environment:
- Cognos 8 BI
- Syncsort DMExpress
- Talend Open Studio
- Purchased HP Vertica over the following vendors:
- Oracle Exadata
- Values the following features in HP Vertica software the most:
- Extreme speed and performance
- Massive scalability on industry-standard hardware
- Standard SQL interface
- Database designer and administration tools
- In-database analytics capabilities – R, C++
- Native support MapReduce and Hadoop
- Ease of interaction with existing BI tools through connectors and ODBC/JDBC
- High availability without hardware redundancy
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- High availability for analytics systems
- Increased query performance by 100 – 500% through improvement in response time with HP Vertica.
- Can compress their data by 10-25% with HP Vertica.
“Vertica has improved end to end business transactions. It saves time and money.”
Nexus Support, Engineer, Nexus Technologies, Inc.