Case Study: Primary and Backup Storage for Non Profit with Drobo
- Purchased their Drobo SAN for the following reasons:
- Reduce storage management complexity
- Improve backup reliability
- Improve backup performance
- Support business growth expectations
- Implement tiered storage to reduce overall costs
- Consolidate storage
- Has 26-100 employees.
- Generates most of the data stored on their Drobo SAN with the following applications:
- Microsoft-based File Server
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Selected their Drobo SAN over the following storage solutions:
- HP LeftHand
- NetApp FAS2000
- Rated the importance unique BeyondRAID features as a 10 (extremely important) on a scale from 1-10 in their decision to purchase their Drobo SAN.
- Saved $25,000 – $50,000 with Drobo SAN versus traditional SAN storage alternatives.
- Saves 5 hours per week by managing storage using their Drobo SAN.
“We doubled our storage capacity at 1/4 the cost of a NetApp expansion with Drobo. It’s great!”
TechValidate Survey of a Non Profit
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of Drobo Business Storage by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
May 12, 2013
More Research on Drobo Business Storage
Explore all TechValidate Research