Case Study: Primary and Backup Storage for Non Profit with Drobo
- Purchased their Drobo SAN for the following reasons:
- Reduce storage management complexity
- Improve backup reliability
- Improve backup performance
- Support business growth expectations
- Implement tiered storage to reduce overall costs
- Consolidate storage
- Has 26-100 employees.
- Generates most of the data stored on their Drobo SAN with the following applications:
- Microsoft-based File Server
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Selected their Drobo SAN over the following storage solutions:
- HP LeftHand
- NetApp FAS2000
- Rated the importance unique BeyondRAID features as a 10 (extremely important) on a scale from 1-10 in their decision to purchase their Drobo SAN.
- Saved $25,000 – $50,000 with Drobo SAN versus traditional SAN storage alternatives.
- Saves 5 hours per week by managing storage using their Drobo SAN.
“We doubled our storage capacity at 1/4 the cost of a NetApp expansion with Drobo. It’s great!”
TechValidate Survey of a Non Profit