Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, Program and Services, to administer any registration or account and to enable users to enjoy, easily navigate, use or participate in the Site, Program and Services, as applicable.
(a) Vendor User Personal Information.
- As part of the registration process for the Program, and from time to time thereafter, TechValidate will collect certain personally identifiable information from Vendor Users that can be used to contact or identify the Vendor Users in order to administer the Vendor’s account (“Vendor User Personal Information“). Vendor User Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, a Vendor User’s first and last name, company name, address, email address, telephone and fax numbers, Vendor company password, domain address, PayPal email address and other personal information listed in our Vendor registration form.
- TechValidate’s primary goal in collecting Vendor User Personal Information is to enable TechValidate to process, validate and verify a Vendor’s identity, to contact and communicate with a Vendor regarding the Program or activities relevant to a Vendor, to provide a Vendor with a smooth and efficient experience of the Program, to process fees and charge a Vendor for participation in the Program or for any Services it has selected, to administer any Vendor inquiries and to contact a Vendor about modifications to the status of any TechFacts or about any new or existing products and services that might be of interest to a Vendor.
- Some Vendor User Personal Information (including name, company logo, address and other contact information) may be displayed in the TechFacts associated with such Vendor and will be available to the public via the Site.
- As requested by a Vendor, TechValidate will contact and communicate with Customer Users to inquire about their experiences with Vendor and Vendor Products. TechValidate will share some of Vendor’s information (including name, address, other contact information and Vendor Products to be reviewed by the Customer Users.
(b) Customer User Personal Information.
- Under the Program, Vendors provide TechValidate with contact information of Customer Users and request that TechValidate contact such Customer Users on their behalf. “Customer User Personal Information” means information about a Customer User that can be used to contact or identify such user. Customer User Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, the Customer User’s company name, individual contact name, business phone number, and email and business addresses. TechValidate requires that Vendors do not breach any obligations they have to Customer Users or to Customers in providing such contact information for these purposes and that they comply with all laws relating to privacy in disclosing such information to TechValidate.
- TechValidate uses Customer User Personal Information to process, validate and verify a Customer User’s identity, to contact and communicate with that Customer User regarding the Customer User’s experiences with a Vendor and the applicable Vendor Products or activities relevant to the Customer User, to provide the Customer Users with a smooth and efficient experience of the Program, and to contact and communicate with the Customer User about modifications to the status of any TechFacts or about any new or existing products and services that might be of interest to the Customer User or Customer.
- If a Customer User has visited the Site solely to respond to a Questionnaire about a particular Vendor, and the Customer User’s activities on the Site are limited to responding to that Questionnaire, TechValidate will not share that Customer User’s Customer User Personal Information with any other Vendor. However, a Customer User may independently choose to provide us with Customer User Personal Information (for instance, in order to view certain assets such as whitepapers, videos, or other information), either by visiting or browsing the Site after completing a Questionnaire – in that case, TechValidate may share that Customer User’s Customer User Personal Information with other Vendors as detailed herein.
- TechFacts are provided on an anonymous basis, – that is, no Customer User Personal Information will be displayed in a TechFact unless the Customer User authorizes the use of the Customer User’s name and company affiliation.
(c) Viewing TechFacts.
- TechValidate assigns a unique TechValidate identification number (a “TVID“) to each TechFact. The TVID will appear on each copy of the TechFact. The Site is designed so that visitors may look up and view TechFacts without the collection of any personally identifiable information (except for such visitor’s internet protocol (IP) address).
(d) Log Data.
- When you visit the Site, whether as a registered Vendor User, Customer User or a visitor just browsing the Site, our servers automatically record and collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data“). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, the geographic location of the IP address you are using to access the Internet, browser and platform type, referring/exit pages, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- We use this Log Data to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for internal purposes such as to administer, improve and customize the Site, to help TechValidate understand and analyze how the Site is being used, to track aggregate Site usage, to provide technical administration, to increase the Site’s functionality and user-friendliness and to better tailor the Site to our visitors’ needs. We do not treat Log Data as personal information or use it in association with other personal information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Site and the Services are used.
- You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Sites or all (or any) functionality of the Services.
(f) Communications with TechValidate.
- If you contact us by email through the Site, through participation in the Program, through use of the Services or otherwise, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
- TechValidate may contact you with TechValidate newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from TechValidate, you may follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications (or update your preferences if you have a registered account).
- TechValidate may also request that you provide personal information when you request promotional information, when you complete a Customer User survey, or when you participate in contests. Finally, when you apply for a job and provide us with personal information, we will collect such information and use in the application process. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “user preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information” below.)
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to TechValidate. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your company ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share Vendor User Personal Information, Customer User Personal Information, non-identifying information or Log Data with third parties except as follows:
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Sites and Services, to provide the Sites and Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, bill or credit card payment processing, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Sites’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Sites and Services are used. These third parties have access to Vendor User Personal Information, Customer User Personal Information, non-identifying information and Log Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated non-identifying information and Log Data that does not include Vendor User Personal Information or Customer User Personal Information, and we may otherwise disclose non-identifying information and Log Data with third parties (including media, suppliers, research companies and other organizations) for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain Vendor User Personal Information or Customer User Personal Information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TechValidate may identify Vendors (and Vendor Product names) in various TechValidate presentations, on the Site, and in TechValidate marketing materials, customer lists and financial reports, which may or may not be associated with aggregated non-identifying information and Log Data.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. TechValidate cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of TechValidate or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers. TechValidate may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including Vendor User Personal Information and Customer User Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
In addition, as a Vendor User, you will have the opportunity to opt out of any transfer of your Vendor User Personal Information if the new entity is a competitor in your line of business.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All registered users of our Site, Program and Services may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. See below for privacy contact information. From time to time, we may contact you by mail, email or telephone to tell you about additional products or services that we or third parties may offer. If you do not wish to receive such calls or promotional materials, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request.
TechValidate is concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ a variety of industry-standard administrative, physical and electronic security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Your information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, TechValidate transfers Vendor User Personal Information and Customer User Personal Information to the United States and processes it there.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that the Site permits you to link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Towards Children
The Site and use of the Program and Services are not directed to children under eighteen (18) . We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13). If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at privacy@TechValidate.com. If we become aware that a child under thirteen (13) has provided us with persona information, we will delete such information from our files.
Effective: July 1, 2012